Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Geared Up for May's Remix

I barricaded myself in my room for an hour so I could whip off May's Remix.  Hands up if you're having fun creating (and looking at)  these Remix Tags.  Me...ME...!

I went for a masculine Geared Up Remix Tag.  Father's Day is just around the corner and lets face it.  I love to create masculine anything.  


I used the Time Traveler set for my tag.  Layering with one of the Documented stamps.


Oh which stencil to choose?  I was tempted to use lots.  But I ended up with the Gears because I love it!  I cut the Tiny Tattered Florals and inked the tag after the texture paste dried.


I love how the colours turned out.  I used the leftover stain for my ribbon.  Here come the gears!


The resist from the washi is perfect.  I wasn't sure about the keys but I like.


A sticky tab thingy and this lovely sentiment Rub On. I added a scrap of stained ribbon with my tiny attacher.


I used the Tinest of Florals on the Time Travelers Lapel.  There is a teeny leaf too.  Look hard.  It's true... only one little Sizzix die used.  


The texture paste gears all inked are so yummy!  Adding the metal gears is perfectly masculine.


I added this Time Piece Pocket Watch.  Along with another tab thingy and sentiment Rub On.  I added a dollop of glossy accents.


Stamping, inks, texture paste, stenciling and hardware...


Loving the gears and Time Traveler.


For Tim's Tag and techniques check it out.


Challenges to create for

Frilly and Funkie- Oh the Places You'll Go
Anything But Cute- Celebrate your Style
Tim Holtz-  May Tag
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Love your tag. Very cool! At first glance, it looked like you did water droplets on the tag. Glad I clicked to check it out. Love the gear embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Nicole love how this one came together xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is awesome and perfect for Father's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. I love when you do masculine. It is not my strong suit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous, Nicole!! I love following along with your techniques. I am always inspired by your art. Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Nicole, your tag is fabulous! Love that guy stamp, he is so perfect with the cogs and I really love the time piece you added!

    Thanks so much for joining in our Celebrate Your Style challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on Tim's tag Nichole, love the gears and what a great colour palette, thanks for sharing it! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way the Time Traveler seems to be stuck between worlds. Such a fun, funky vibe on this gorgeous tag with gorgeous details! Thanks for sharing with us at Frilly and Funkie "Oh the Places You'll Go" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yeah, Nicole, you do DO masculine so well, and this is no exception! I love the use of the keys tissue tape--that being the hardest choice for this month's tag in my opinion. It looks just perfect with the guy stamp and as always, love your gears! And the one wee flower at the lapel--genius!

    Thank you for Celebrating Your Style with us at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, another amazing creation Nicole! How I adore your style! Such a wonderful version of Tim's tag, I love your remix!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'Oh the Places You'll Go' challenge and at Anything But Cute for our 'Celebrate Your Style' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so fabulous!! I love the colors and design!! I love your take on Tim's tag!! Thank you so much for playing along at Anything But Cute for our Celebrate Your Style challenge!!

    Lisa DT
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts