Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Spring on Display

I love this little Tim Holtz Watering Can die.  Then when you add the Eileen Hull Make it 3D die it makes it even more fun!  You can find my project over at Creative Scrapbooker Magazine
Here's a tutorial so you can see how I made it.

Start with your dies and Sizzix Matboard.  This stuff is awesome for the scoreboard dies.  

I cut a bunch of the Jumbo Tattered Pinecones with core paper.  The mat board takes the Ranger Distress Spray Stains really well!  Then I grabbed my Iced Enamels Relique Powder to create an enameled look!


When you add the powders to create a distressed or rubbed off finish.  Simply remove the powder from the edges.  Then heat set.


Then you can ink the edges!  I used the new Ranger Splatter Brush and some Black Soot Paint to splatter over top.  Handy tool!


Now that the watering can is inked, enameled and splattered I added the Make it 3D stripes.  This die makes any of your dies 3D!  Adding more versatility to all your dies.

Now to make flowers.  If you're like me this die freaked me out and I struggled to make the flowers!  Watch Tim's video and you will see with proper prep making these flowers is EASY!  

Throw it all together and you have a pretty counter top spring craft to display.


I used some clear rock candy stickles on the petals for a sugary effect.

The watering can looks worn with the speckles of black.

I love making my dies 3D.

I attached the 5 cent ephemera.


A metal token


 

I hope my wee tutorial inspired some ideas for your next project.  Be creative and think outside of the box!  Happy Crafting!

Challenges
Frilly and Funkie- Hip to be Square
Anything But Cute- Crazy for Colour
 photo NWD Sig.png
 photo EM_1.png

Comments

  1. Very clever! The green EP looks fabulous as does the "fond" you created from the die. Lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Great idea making the Watering Can 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what an amazing 3d project! Great colours and a fabulous enamel effect! Love it! Thank you so much for joining in our Crazy For Colour challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your 3D watering can, and those iced enamels are the cat's meow! Great job on your Pinecone flowers--I fail miserably at this even with the video! And my pinecones look even worse! It must be the nail polish, dear! Cause your's rocks and so do your blooms!

    Thank you for joining our Crazy For Color challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be the same way Sara! I would have the cold sweats whenever I had to make these. So I spent hours making them until I felt I was good to make them. Now I love making them! Here's my post to perfecting these flowers. http://canadiannickelscrapn.blogspot.ca/2014/04/tattered-pinecone-journey.html

      Delete
  5. This watering can fill of pretty flowers is beautiful and so 3D! Awesome sauce colors and that EP is freakin wow! The little token and tidbits add wonderful texture. Thanks for the tidbit about the flower making, I don't have the die but was considering it.

    Thanks for joining our "Crazy for Colour" challenge at Anything But Cute! Hugz. ~Niki DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great 3D watering can with lots of fun flowers and super colour. Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts