Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Let's make Christmas

Time to start December off with some Christmas Cards! 

 So... I get this call this morning from my husband.  He asks me to make him 5 cards to take with him on his business trip...to Europe...ON THURSDAY!  
OK, fine, but they will easy cards I warn him.  Well, I did try to make them easy.  Each card took 
about 20 minutes.  I used some quick techniques to whip these off in no time.  

Featured on Tim Holtz


I have recently "fallen" for Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder from Emerald Creek Craft Supplies.  I am addicted and cannot wait to use it on EVERYTHING! 


Each Background is stamped with the snowflakes from the Christmas Magic set and picket fence distress paint.  



Then coated in Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder.


I used the Mini Blueprints #6.


Using some of the techniques from Novembers Tag like the foil.  


I water colored each stamped image 2 times.  Then I cut one out and mounted them.


Each background is created using distress spray stains.


I made a tattered pinecone for each card with some added Soft Fallen Snow embossing powder.


Each card is stamped on the inside with Mini Handwritten Holidays sentiments.


I used distress markers to colour each mini blueprint #6.


All the edges are distressed and inked with ground espresso.  


Each mini cut out is coated with Glossy Accents.


A simple (for me) card this year.  I think I'll make more.


Good thing I had today off so I could make some Christmas cards.  These cards will end up in Norway, England, Scotland and a couple on the other side of Canada!  I love my job!  

Thanks for taking the time to stop by!  I hope these bring some inspiration to your next holiday project.

 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. They sure don't look easy... They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutest cards made in a pinch! LOVE the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cards are all beautiful Nicole, I love the gorgeous colours in the background and the softly fallen snow on the pinecones looks so realistic. I am so far behind with my cards this year, I could take a lesson from you on making some quickies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Nicole, I'm sure that the people who receive these will be thrilled!!!

    Linda 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nicole, I'm happy to see there are snow flurries on your blog again this year...I was beginning to worry!

    Only you can make such beautiful cards in 20 minutes! It takes me 20 minutes to decide what color card base to use! Ha! Ha! Seriously, I got you on the flash card thing right now! I'm trying to finish Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas in a week, and I just started a few days ago.

    I cannot wait to receive my first order from Emerald Creek--I fell in love with that Soft Fallen Snow instantly when I saw it on the EC Design Team's makes. And it is absolutely lovely here on your backgrounds. What perfect backdrops to your boldly colored panels! And what beautiful colors they are-fabulous choices, and I can almost hear your squeals of delight when they came together. Wish I had more sprays, cause they are FUN, FUN, FUN to use! Your watercoloring of each of those mini blueprints is exquisite, and what a fabulous touch to cover them in Glossy Accents! And the gilding just pushes these little gems over the top, in my opinion!

    Great little pinecones; I admire you for making 6 in one day! I'd have to be committed after 2! I only keep that die for the sprig!

    One more thing...thank you for making my day with your comments on my blog! I laughed at the novelist idea! Perhaps! I do tend to go on and on, don't I??? I don't talk much in real life! Ha! Ha! You can get that Holiday Knit thinlit set at Funkie Junkie on sale right now. She has a few left, I think. Big hugs!

    PS wish these delectable cards weren't already on a plane to Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing. These are great, I may have to make some.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts