Skip to main content

Jingle all the Way

November has been a very bust month for crafting.  Not that I can show off much yet.  I have left my 12 Tags November to the last moment so I could meet all (some) of my (CHA) deadlines.
I love this foiled look.  It has such a vintage feel.  I wish I could have found some silver foil but gold is what I could find...so make it work!  I was tempted to create a pumpkin Autumn tag since I love all things Autumn.  But, I have been lured by the festive season.

Flipping through my many blueprint stamps I settled on the jingle bell.  The lantern almost won!


Instead of the cork I layered some frosted film and mirrored sheet cutting out Bells with the Alphanumeric thinlit.  Adding the "jingle" over top with distressed core paper.


I stamped wee snowflakes from the new Christmas Magic set.  Then I sprayed tumbled glass and twisted citron.  


Using a small piece of tinsel twine I tied off these Victorian Snowflakes from Emerald Creek Craft Supply to the wee arrow.  


All the embossing and de-embossing is hard to see.  I did the same foil technique on the jingle.


I love the background on this tag from the stamping with distress paint, spraying and the foil.


Featured on Sizzix Blog- Holiday Gift Tags


Sorry I'm so late to the party.  I had every intention to get this banged out earlier!  Oh well... craft happens!!!

Thanks for stopping in and taking a peek.

Check out Tim's blog for the technique and Inspiration Journal for entering their Mission Embossible challenge. 

 
 photo NWD Signature.png

Comments

  1. Such a great version Nicole! Love the foiling details. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! I love how you added the gold to the jingle bell as well as the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the foiling on the jingle bell! Really love the background colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Nicole!! The sweet jingle bell with the silver around the edges, love that. Great background too. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how did I miss the bell stamp! It's awesome!!!! Beautiful job and another project where I love the tumbled glass. I think it's currently my favorite blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous take!!! LOVE the bright tones and the bell. I'm jealous you've done your CHA commitments. I haven't even started.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning tag and I like how you incorporated foil into your creation.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  
Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!

I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers,Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.

The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!
Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.

I also got the new Flourish Texture Fadeand it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.

This Watering Can is so adora…