Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Spring Time Die Cuts Challenge

Time to pack away the snow dies, snowflake embellishments and icy blue inks!  It's Spring and this week starts a new Challenge at Frilly and Funkie!  WOOHOO!  I am hosting this challenge and who doesn't love spring!  I have had these mini mason jars on my desk for weeks.  I painted them with the DecoArts Chalky Finish Paints.  
Let's check out my Spring Die cuts to inspire...

It all started with 3 pieces of Core paper cut with the Jumbo Tattered Pinecone.  One flower per jar wasn't enough.


I used Abandon Coral to edge the pretty pink flower.


The yellow flower is inked with Cracked Pistachio!


I painted the jars with the DecoArt chalky finish paints then distressed.


The Cracked Pistachio ink makes the flower look almost real!


I love the soft chalky colors!


The 3 flowers fill the mini mason jars perfectly!  I added some Idea-Ology to the butterflies.


The Duo Butterflies are cut with watercolor paper then I used cracked pistachio, abandon coral and squeezed lemon distress inks!  A little water and BAM they blend!  


Keeping with those Spring Die Cuts I added a little bit of Garden Greens on grunge paper and inked with Shabby Shutters distress paint.  I tucked in some jute all twisty like trendils.


I love these mini jars with there chalky finish and an abundance of spring die cuts!


Thanks for stopping by and check out my Spring Time Die Cuts Challenge project.  Be sure to stop by Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog and share with us your Spring Time Die Cuts!

Want to shop?  

Check out these quick links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique to check out the stuff I used!  

 
Click HERE to see my recent post using these awesome chalk paints as part of the Blogger Outreach Program!
I'll be sharing with 
A Vintage Journey- Through the Looking Glass
Inspiration Journal

 photo BlogPostsignature.png

Comments

  1. Fabulous flowers and butterflies Nicole!!! LOVE the combo of colours you've used for these and how well they work with those yummy mason jars. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project Nicole! Love the chalky paint colours, so pretty for spring! Your flowers are just stunning and I love the yummy butterflies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want those mason jars!! I love the way they took the gorgeous paints and your flowers and butterflies are just glorious! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What gorgeous chalky paint on your jars Nicole! and I love the colors and inked edges on your beautiful roses! thank you for joining us in the AVJ Through the Looking glass challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absouloutly stunning!!! I am in awe of the butterfly and it's rich colors!!! You did an amazing job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Nicole!! How gorgeous are these?? They certainly wouldn't look out of place in anybodies home, I am in love xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mason jars Nicole, love your colour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These beauties are really evocative of warm sunshine. Totally stunning! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work, Nicole, flowers and butterflies are stunning, I love the contrast with soft color of jars! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply charming - love the chalky finish on the jars, and those fabulous flowers too. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts