Skip to main content

Burlap Wishes

I actually built this a couple weeks ago.   It's been hanging waiting to be posted.  The wreath was actually pretty fast.  I found this beautiful ribbon and decided it would be great on my grape vine wreath that's been in my craft room since April. 
 
I love the non-traditional colours.  This wreath was fast to build and it all started with a piece of burlap!
 

I picked up these white jingles at the $1 Store and just love them.  I tied a bow of the ribbon then another bow with scrap burlap.


It's great to have ready made cuts.  I had some stacked snowflakes already cut...just add distress paint!


I have some scrap burlap in a far and really wanted to use it.  Then I decided Eileen Hull's Blocks/ Cubes would be perfect.  Quick and easy to adhere!


I cut my sleigh ride and decked it out in antique linen distress glitter!  Shiny!  I layered the retro presents with some scrap ribbon.


I love the rustic look of burlap and the tied bow is a great pop of colour!


Now the door to my laundry room is all festive...in less than an hour!


I wanted to wish you all a Happy Holiday! 

Thank you so much for inspiring me to keep crafting every day.  Keep an eye on my blog.  I have a lot of projects waiting to post including my December Tag (just squeaked that one) upcoming CHA projects and exciting guest posts.

Merry Christmas Stalkers...MWAHHHH!
 

Comments

  1. Only you could make something as stunning as this in less than one hour! It is absolutely stunning! Thanks you so much for all your inspiration this year, it has been a pleasure following you! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and all the very best for 2015! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful and less traditional wreath Nicole. As Anne says, only you could do this in less than an hour! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is lovely :)
    I see your sled peeking in the background :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

Snow Scene Cloche

Sometimes it starts with an idea... like silver rich brush bottle trees.  OH YA IT DOES...
Do you remember the ghostly cloche... well I am repurposing the cloche for Christmas.  Why buy more when I can use it again by simply creating a removable base.

There's the empty cloche and a new cut out base.  Gather a bunch of trees and ink up some glittery paper for die cutting.

More inking and die cutting the Snowman Scene snowman then assemble this adorable snow stopping snowman.  I had some left over gold deers from last year so I snapped them up for a little added gold.

Here's the inspiration... this brushed pewter brush bottle trees.  Once dry brush some distress collage medium coating the trees and coat in distress glitter.

They look like flocked Canadian trees.  Too add more gold I inked up an adornment star with alcohol ink topped to the tree.

Mini Holiday Green cut and the little berry's in more gold.  I rolled up woodgrain paper to look like wee logs.  Then wrapped the b…

Black and White Christmas

Who says making Christmas cards this season has to take a long time. With these simple techniques you can easily whip up some cards and make it look like you spent a long time on them.  Loving this non traditional look with Black and White.


To create this 5x5 card cut the pattern paper and white Super Stock Cardstockto layer.Ink the pattern paper with Distress Oxide Ink Black soot.Apply an even coat of Glue n' Seal over the Peace die cut and sprinkle with Distress Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy


Ink the edges of the Sizzix Vintage Tidings with Distress Oxide Black Soot.  Add a touch of shimmer to these Sizzix Mini Holiday Greens cuts.  Apply Glue n' Seal with a paint brush to the tips of each greenery and coat with a dusting of Distress Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy.  Start to build and layer your cuts and embellishments.


Grouping up the glittery Mini Holiday Greens in black and white topped with a Sizzix Fold Up Bows.The edges of Peace are inked up so it pops from …