Skip to main content

Hippity Hop Luminary

Easter is just around the corner.  I don't craft really during Easter and I don't have any "Easter" stamps or dies!  But yes, I managed to find and borrow the movers and shapers Mini Bunny from the lovely Lori over at Scrap Yard!  I had been looking for this die for a couple of weeks without any luck.  So I'm thankful Lori had it and let me do a couple cuts!
 
I decided to make 2.  The last time I made a Luminary was for my Christmas Village featured on Simon Says Stamps Blog.  The fold is the key to this die and needless to say the bunny Luminary is a little rough.
 
 
I cut up some plastic packaging I had for the windows then added some frosted film over this.

 
I inked the Luminary with bright Easter colours, tumbled  glass, mustard yellow, dusty concord and picked raspberry.

 
I grabbed a handful of tattered pinecone flowers I have in my jar and added to the top.  I cut some butterfly's from the butterfly frenzy strip die and inked.

 
I love my tied bow die and a few of those cut and added.  I then added a battery operated tea light. 

 
Luminary #2- Robins Eggs
 

By now I have the folding down!
 
More butterfly frenzy butterfly's this time on some wire.
 
 
I have a wee nest and eggs I tucked inside...with a little effort!  More packaging this time I crackled the edges.
 
 
More flowers and cuts from the spring greenery strip die.

 
I added more bows for this luminary in some of the shattered paper.

Full of colour and spring!

 
Check out these challenges!
 
Simon Says Stamps Wednesday Challenge is all about Easter.
Frilly and Funky's Challenge Flights of Fancy calls for wings.
 
Thanks for stopping by!  Thank you to everyone for checking out my crafty things.  You all are so sweet to take the time to let me know how you like the stuff I make.
 
I hope you like my Easter Luminary and I hope it inspires a little Easter crafting in you.

 photo CNSSignature-3.png

Comments

  1. Wonderful..love your ideas..take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole they are both lovely. They make me happy. My fav is the robins nest. To clarify, you made/cut the lantern from cardstock?
    What is the pattern?
    KristaInMN@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! Love the colours and the printing stamped :)and the floating butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great. I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant, just love these as Easter decorations. A fabulous idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Nicole, they both look brilliant and I just love how you have decorated them with the flowers and butterflies! Very clever, they will make great Easter decor pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your luminaries are beautiful Nicole, I love the really pretty colours you have used and the little bunny looks fantastic inside the first one. The robin's nest is a delight. What wonderful Easter decorations these will make. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. As usual, I visit your blog and see projects that make me smile! even if weather-wise, spring isn't here, it is on your blog! Love both luminaries, but, the birds nest is my fave! Great for Easter decor! thanks for sharing. Have a great Easter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole I love your double project so much!! Bright colors are my favourites and you know this! FAntastic project! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic way you liven up the luminaries Nicole! Love the bright, fresh colour scheme and the flowers on the roof of each. These will certainly help to add some Easter cheer to your home. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with these. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty and cheerful - very spring-like and we sure need spring after the horrid winter we had here in Ontario. Love the flower toppers, the bows and all the butterflies flitting about. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely fantabulous!!!! PINNED!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh! How fantastic! You went to a lot of work with these and they look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …