Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

12 Tags of 2014- April...My Break Through


I had a break though!  If you are on Facebook with me you know all about my fear of the Tattered Pinecone Die!  All my hard work, burnt fingers and twisting pays off.
 
I decided to create a little Easter Inspiration with this months tag!  I followed the tag Tim created...to a point. A lot of the elements are the same with a tweak or two here and there. This is my take on the April Tag.
 
I had decided early on to use a #10 Tag.  I have been trying to make this for a week!

 
I had some mini bunny's left over from the Hippity Hop Luminary's.  I traced the bunny onto some scrap grungeboard then cut it out.

 
I covered the bunny with glossy accents then smooshed a handful of Spanish moss.  I trimmed the moss to get the bunny's frame.  I added the smallest tied bow for the bunny bow. 

 
I cut the ornate frame and used tumbled glass distress paint.  A perfect frame.

 
You can see the splattered ink for the background.  I used tattered rose and milled lavender for my distress paint.

 
I have all these frameworks scraps. So I used up those for my tag including a cork frame cut.

 
As part of my "tattered pinecone journey" to get to this tag I scooped a bunch flowers I had ready made in my broken cookie jar.  It's getting low.

 
I loved having them ready! 

 
I also added some garden greenery in bundled sage.  A tag this size I can get away with packing it!

 
 I think this is my favorite tag so far.  Now that I no longer break into a sweat seeing these tattered pinecones as flowers!
 
I know my fears and efforts to force myself to make a pretty flower has inspired a lot of you to try making them yourself.  Or go out and buy the die!  I'm excited that my break through inspired you to try too.
 
I'll be playing in some challenges too!
 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge...Animals
Tim Holtz
 That Craft Place Challenge Blog...Anything goes Easter
 
Thanks as always for taking the time to share your thoughts.  I love the feed back!


 photo CNSSignature-3.png

Comments

  1. beautiful tag, Nicole!! Love the colours, the blue frame and bundled sage especially. Colours that I am guessing you will be seeing on the coast this week, that we won't be seeing here! :( I happen to have about 100 pine cone flowers cut out...you make'm, I'll fill up the cookie jar and take whatever is left over home, deal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tag, Nicole! especially what you did with the bunny, awesome techniques and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, maybe this will encourage me to bust out of my crafting funk. I couldn't see how to work the April tag, but......your's is cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is for sure a WOWSER !!! of a tag Nicole you out did your self,
    I love everything about it.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always another great tag Nicole :)
    I havne't even watched all of Tims process for this month's tag..oops.
    Yup you got that pinecone flower down to an art ;)
    I like the moss on the bunny, great look with all the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole super colorful tag!!!! I love bright color and i love much your tag! It has a mood so spring-like!!! Your roses are true amazing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful details, a beautiful tag xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card tag Nicole, such beautiful details and elements.....your bunny is stunning - I love how you've created him - brilliant!!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you conquered your fear! Your grassy bunny in the frame is fabulous! Gorgeous take! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this version Nicole. It's so colourful and spring like. Great to see some of those wonderful flowers being used here too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. NIcole I wish you a HAppy easter!!!!! Hugs BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love everything about this tag. The colors, the mossy bunny, the bow, all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your take on Tim's tag...this is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts