Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2014- January


A new year of 12 Tags
 
IT'S JANUARY...and that means a whole new year of tags! I do love this paint and metal technique and use it often!  I wanted to make 2 tags since I it was set in mind to use Umbrella Man. I don't on the big pocket watch so using the wee one I thought he would be great with it.  Going with the big clock gives me a big die to work with playing along with Tim's tag.
Blah, Blah, Blah...lets get to the good stuff!
 
 

I started with a die or 2 cutting everything on chipboard.  Love the metal foil. 


I wanted to rust the umbrella man and gears.  Apply the iron paint first.


Next apply the rust activator.


While the activator dries and rusts I put on the paint.


See...the rusting is well...rusting.  I like to add a couple coats.


I don't have the pumice stone stain...YET!  So I used the paint.


Misting the paint and tag makes the tag perfect.


I have some beat up numbers.  Adds to the distress.


I used some washi tape for ribbon with a little inking I thought it would be fun!  Yep, It was fun!


A little slate alcohol ink for the enamel tag before more rubs.


I have some tickets but I made my own with the movers and shapers ticket.  Using the stripes stencil makes for great lines.


First tag turned out great even without the big pocket watch.


LOVE pounding out those brads.  Had to be done.


Using the enamel tags means I get to rub more stuff on.  I've decided I'm awful at making the chit chat into flags.  Oh and I lost a set so I had to make more:/
(UPDATE; just found a 3 stuck to my sweater...sigh)


It's like...once the rubs are out I can't stop.  I used them all over the tag.


Tag #2 Rusty Umbrella Man


I used "JOURNEY" to rub on this tag.  I sanded the umbrella after painting and left it...no ink.  Shocking


More ill-fated chit chat flags in kraft brown and "2014" cut with block talk numbers and glassine!  LOVE IT.

A new year for techniques to look forward to.  Thanks for stopping by!

Comments

  1. I love your umbrella man. The rusting is really neat! :) Your little flags look good, what are you worried about? LOL As Tim says, embrace the imperfections! ;) I think they look good. I love both the tags. I still haven't had a chance to get into my craft room, I keep getting interruptions and company coming over. :/ Soon, I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific tags, you always do a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAppy new year Nicole!!! I love both your tags!!! Beautiful job!!!! barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Nicole.
    Your tags are both amazing. Love the umbrella man and the cogs underneath him. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both your tags are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, I love the first tag, it's exactly what I was thinking of doing. Wishing I had the die for the umbrella guy...I just own the stamp but love that look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your tags, Nicole! Especially the umbrella man, the rusting technique is so cool!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both tags are awesome.
    I love the rusting product, I have never heard of this before.
    Glad you found those words…I have found stickers on the bottom of my slippers before, teehee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw
    Those are awesome -
    Really want to start these tags as well -
    but just don't have the TH supplies -
    Where Tracy & I are the TH is limited :(

    need a trip south.... or to Tracy's! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Nicole...your two tags are amazing! I love them both! The take off of Tim's January tag is really really cool. Shhh...I like yours better than his! :) The rusting and aging techniques you've used on both really look amazing! Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog as well. Your thoughts are always appreciated. You rocked these tags! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Nicole,
    your rusty umbrella man looks soooo indredibly great! Awesome takes on the January tags!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

New Release- Stamp and Photo Storage

All month the Inspiration Team for Eileen Hull is thrilled to be showing off the her newest Book Club Collection.  Here's my little glimpse at the Stamp and Photo Storagedie.  There is nothing this decent size die can't do... or hold!  In this case Letter's to Santa.  I even combined the Trinket Box & Frame to frame out Santa.


I stamped the Woodland Winter Santa designed by yours truly onto watercolor paper and used my Scribble sticks to add a little color.
I cut a piece of clear packaging and ran it through my little Xyron Disposable Sticker Makerto create a cover for my Santa.  Perfection!

I colored up the Floral Arch and Words arch to attach to the bottom and top and attached.  I used some Distress Woodgrain Cardstock to wrap my Stamp and Photo Storage. I cut Super StockCardstock to fit inside.  Inking and stamping like crazy all tied off with some postal twine.  The Correspondence Stamp Set is perfect.


I mounted the Trinket Box & Frame to the Stamp and Storage…

Pumpkin Parts Thanksgiving w/ Xyron

While my Thanksgiving may be over it is coming soon south of the border.

Xyronis getting ready for holiday season and what better way then with the Pumpkin Parts die cut.  This easy card is layered with paper and ink to create a festive pumpkin card.  The team will be sharing their fall inspired projects all week so be sure to pop by for lots of inspiration.



The Create a Sticker is great for all the smaller pieces to layer and quickly put together.  For a quick background stamp the craft sheet with Distress Oxides, spray and drag.
I cut Thanksgiving from the Sentiment Words Thinlit and attached with the Sticker Maker.Fall Foliage has this little hay die cut that I added to the bottom of the pumpkin attached the Xyron Mega Runner.
I clipped a couple of the Twisted pieces for a little green for the top of the pumpkin.





Don't miss any of the inspiration with the rest of the Xyron Team.


EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}