Monday, December 16, 2013

Festive Lantern Cards

Another batch of Christmas Cards.  In total I made 8 different designs of 5-6 cards per design.  Yay, a few more card posts to come! 
Here's that lantern again!  I keep wanting to make a red or blue lantern.  But my browns keep calling me back!  Even the card is brown and the brown designer paper is from the TH Merriment set.  With a splash of red from the berry and red linen ribbon it certainly feels festive!
 
I cut some holly one grungepaper and my son inked it for me in pine needle.  I attached a little berry and some red tinsel twine tied off at the lanterns top.
 
Instead of a sentiment I stamped the wreath from the mini blueprints set in frayed burlap for the inside.
 
I inked the lantern in walnut stain some black soot and then embossed it with vintage photo distress embossing powder.  What can I say I love the sand paper look!  When you rub off the edges it looks vintage.
Another set done!
Are you getting tired yet of these lanterns? 

5 comments:

  1. One can never get tired of the lanterns! They rock! I almost blew my drink out of my nose when you said the Brown keeps calling you back. LOL Too cute! I love the brown, it feels very vintage and real. :) Red would have looked great on that card too though. You could do a red background with brown distress, that would look great I bet. :) Ohhhhh,,,, that gives me an idea! lol ;) Can't wait to see your other cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never get tired of the lantern. It's just awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are out of this world fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great!!!
    I love the pop of red off of the browns. And the texture to the lanterns is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is another die I want!!! oohh your cards are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.