Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Creative Chemistry 102- Day Four

Alcohol Inks is the theme for day 4.

I don't use my alcohol inks often and I suspect that's because I'm never really sure what I should be doing with them.  I was dragging a bit wanting to skip this day.  But it was really fun and if you like colour, alcohol inks are the way to go!
The Faux Patina is fantastic and reminded me of my time in Paris with all the statues with their weathered green hue.  The next technique is about the tinsel, not the ornament.  You can use your inks to colour tinsel too.  Then lastly the Ombre.  I didn't nail it but with practice I'll get better!  It's a really pretty effect.
A closer look at the Faux Patina.  Snow Cap is the key to this technique.  To give it a further aged look a little hand sanitizer on a cloth with expose some metal.  Helps it look warn.  I found that out by accident.
Here you need the "Glossy Paper" as you apply the alcohol inks right onto the paper.  Photo paper becomes sticky so the effect doesn't really work.  Marbling with your inks is a stunning burst of colour!  The next effect uses stencils and WOW it's awesome!

One more day to go.  And an epic fail using the Chalkboard technique.  Thanks for stopping in and seeing my tags for CC102.
 
My other posts for CC102
 
CC102- Day One
CC102- Day Two
CC102- Day Three 

Comments

  1. Sweet idea with the hand sanitizer for the patina! I'm going to have to try that! Your Ombre' technique turned out good! Whatcha talking about... LOL I also love how your faded stenciling turned out. Way better than mine! Looks awesome. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your book plate looks awesome!!!
    I love the alcohol inks, but haven't used them as much lately. I am going to have to try them on glossy paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ornament. The colors are awesome. I do like the marbling effect.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts