Skip to main content

Working on Organization

I have been working towards organizing all my inks, stains, paints, glitter, embossing powder...well all of it.  Since taking the Creative Chemistry class I am super focused on product.  I have spent the past couple years building dies and stamp sets.  But now it's time to build my "product" which after all is the foundation of all my products.  Over to Ranger I went where I have been busy for the past few days organizing, labeling and cataloguing all my product.
 
  For the moment I have all my inks stored like this.  I like my labels...but I'm very visual.  Stopping to read my inks makes creating slower.
 
 
So, I decided to print the Distress Inks Chart Ranger provides.
 

I used printer paper.  This paper is porous which allows the Distress Ink to soak in.
 
When I ink, like on my block I like to start heavy on one side and lighter on the other.  This way I can see how the colour works. light to dark.
 
Keep in mind (especially if you're A-Type like me) always keep the darker ink to the left of right of the labels.  That way when they are all together they will be uniform.  Yep, A-Type!
 
Here is the before and after.  What a difference and now easier to grab the colour I want.
Remember how I started!  Check out my original post HERE to learn how I created my Inking Blocks.
WOW, this makes it way better!
 
You can also print these 3/4" round labels for your paints, stains and as you'll see everything!
 
I picked up these wood boxes at Michaels.  Adding stain and distressing really suits my crafty space.  Matches my Crate Shelving too.
For the moment I have all my goodies in these 2 boxes.  It will grow! You can pick up Label Paper at the office store but it was pricey!  I could buy 6 inks with that money!  So, I simply printed on printer paper and glued.
I also printed off the charts.  These will store in my CC101 and CC102 binder. 
Today I picked up the Distress Ink Pallette.  This is where I will store some of my Re-Inkers for techniques.  This time I glued the printed labels to 3/4" sticky labels I bought for $1 at the $1 Store.  I know extra work but I saved a lot!
I also did another set for the inside.  I followed the chart on the ranger website to make it easy.  These are the original 36 Distress Inks.  When you close the top the inks stay put and don't mix!
The 12 new colour labels I have ready for when I pick up another Ink Pallette.  For now I have added the colours I do have.  They all look the same so be sure you follow your chart. 
 
I'm no where near done.  But I thought you might like to see how I've started organizing. I always love seeing what other people do.   If you have any thoughts or suggestions please share.  It's such a big job!

Comments

  1. Make me feel good-tell me you make sure all the lids on the inks are pointing in the same direction!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Wanderlust

I am pretty sure I have the "Wanderlust" bug!  I wanted to try something different so I decided to try some texture paste on the cover.  The matboard is tough enough to handle some texture paste.  I used chalk paint and texture paste to decorate my cover instead of paper.


Cut the superstock paper to fir the journal, 8x8 scoring in the centre to create a page.  I used oxides and stenciling to create a dynamic page.
Die cutting on pattern paper for some great elements.  Love the brush and foam for those small dies Especially the Gearhead die!  
See, all those little bits popped right out!  More inking and layering for these pages.  Making life easier with the Creative Station and these smaller detailed dies.
Lets make some trophy's!  I coated them with hammered metal embossing powder and coloured some distress crayons to distress it.
I cut and inked the Heart and Soul flower with more pattern paper.
I love the Ornate Frame #2creating some great vintage elements for this …

Fall Colours

OK, I know, I know we are only half way through summer and already there are fall leaves on my blog!  I really couldn't help myself.  I mean... you know me! This week Xyron and Newton's Nook are teaming up for some... AWESOMENESS!  Of course I had to go for these gorgeous leafy stamps.  Can you imagine these embossed or in an art journal!  So many creative ways to make stuff.

I gathered some goodies including my Tag and Tie to make a Kraft Tag for the sentiment. A little bit of stamping and inking goes a long way.  

I stamped the wee pumpkin from the Falling for You set (linked below) and coloured with Stabilo Woody 3 in 1 pencils.  These are great for watercoloring too.  Yep, it happens from time to time... I fussy cut the pumpkins out.

I stamped the Beautiful Leaves stamp (linked below) with a blend of Oxide Inks.  Stamping again on inky scrap paper with large maple leaf... yep, more fussy cutting.  Oi...

More stamping on the background and then run through the Creative Sta…

Jarred Florals

How's your summer so far?  Me... I am just returning from a long vacation from down south.  So I am probably folding a lot of laundry. TheXyronTeam andACCOare playing all week with staplers and cutters.  Which means anything goes creatively!  I am so thrilled to use their Guillotine Trimmer LiteI don't own one so this is super exciting... 10 papers at one time!  
(all supplies used is linked for your convenience)

Time to crack into my new Flower Jar stamps and Framelits dies and a whole lot of colouring.
Once the colouring was done I added a little touch of dimension to these teeny wildflowers with a stylus and water.  It's my first cut with the Guillotine Trimmer Lite, dang thats sharp.  Even for small cuts.
I ran the stitched circle cut through the Creative Station then used the Create a Sticker for the adorable teeny wildflowers.
The Pondering Words "WONDERFUL" cut is perfectly cut with the Guillotine Trimmer for this 3/4" cut.  I popped it on the edges …