Skip to main content

Creative Chemistry 102: Day One

 
It's taken all weekend but I have finally finished Day 1 of Creative Chemistry 102.  To be fair, it is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada which has slowed me down.  I just wanted to show you what I made for Day 1.  I LOVE my Distress Paints and I've learned more ways to use them!
 
Day 1: Distress Paints
 
I spent all day running around looking for the plastic numbers Tim used and I couldn't find them.  I know where they are... but Sunday was close day at Scrapbooker's Paradise:(  I ended up using those little Laminate letters from Michaels and the technique still worked.

 
The first tag is an Eroded Technique and lets just say 3x the charm...almost.  This one is going to take some skill!  The Industrial Tag on the end is a first for me.  I have never used the metal foil and I just had to try!  I have done this technique a lot with oven liner...but never like this!  I do love the foil.
 
 
On to Day 2 and it's all about STENCILS!  I can't wait to learn how to use all my new Stencils.  I need 3 more and I have them all.  Well, after I get my Crafty Mail from Simon Says Stamps!
 
HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all my Canadian Crafters!
 
 

Comments

  1. Nicole,
    Thanks for sharing these, I didn't know about these classes. I signed up for four of the classes. Can't wait to start on the CC101!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Journaling Tuck Spots and Pockets

It is official... I am addicted to Journaling.  This is an inspiration post... why?  I may have become lost in my creativity... it happens.
Scroll through the the photos for ideas.  I have been inspired by my fellow journalers too.  
I kept the cover of Eileen Hull's new Journalsimple with a flipped cabinet card and some crackle paste stenciling.

Inside there are pages of Memoranda paper and Idea-Ology from Scrap ShotzMarch Scrapbook Kit.

A mini book stuffed in a pocket too.

Nicole Wright Designs Fallen Blossomis used on the tag, stamped and watercolored with worn lipstick oxide ink.

I used pages from my 115 year old art journal to create another mini.  Stamping and watercoloring throughout each page with Garden Flower and my stamp set Fallen Blossom.

Tuck spots and pockets for stuffing notes.  

The March Kit with the new Memoranda paper is perfect on it's own.  But I still cut it up and collaged with it.

I fussy cut a found relative since I am still trying to get my hands on …

Make Watercoloring Easy with Clearsnap Blends

Ohhhh the Blends are here and I am loving them!  I am super excited to play with Eileen Hull's Clearsnap Colorbox Blends.  This month the Inspiration Team has been sharing their projects and they have been AMAZING!
Follow this easy tutorial for watercoloring with Blends.

I pulled out the watercolor paper grabbed my floral dies heart & soul and pansy.  Grabbed my Blends and Koi stamp.

OH MY GOODNESS... Look at how the Blends work with my Koi stamp.  I randomly applied the Blends and spritz with water then stamp.  I designed this Koi stamp to have a watercolor effect when stamping so perfecto!

The pansy die is cut and ready for Blends.  I popped some colour on my mat, spritz and drag.  I inked the edges a bit then ran my watercolor pen to soften.  The perfect lily pad.  Repeat this step for the heart & soul in hues of blue Blends.

With the Koi dry apply some of the Blends in blue, spritz and use a watercolor pen for this water step.  Randomly apply the shades of blue to cre…

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…