Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating!
 
 
I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits!
 
 
I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back.
 
 
I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE!
 
I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider!
 
I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel.
 
The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes!
 
 
Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy.
I LOVE HIM!
 
 
After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to distress them.
The Movers and Shapers Mini Apothecary Bottles are so great.  Crackle, ink, glitter and the Remnant Rubs are awesome. 
If you plan it all out, the coffin will close for storage.  Keeping all the ghoulish goodies at bay!
Be sure to check back for more spooky crafts!
 
Check it out, Simon Says Challenge Blog is where you'll find my Coffin and other great crafts! 
 
Keep it Creepy!

Comments

  1. I just love your Hallowe'en crafts! And that picture of the grinning skellie should be your profile pic! Love him, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have coffins and skellies-spooky game on! Thank you for the fantastic inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderfully busy piece. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Karen.x wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy people :D It's amazing. So many details, I' really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your altered coffin, the skeleton holding the pumpkin is fantastic and I love the front of the coffin too especially with the added curiosities label. Love the added timepiece and the skulls and the little bottles are perfect. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Nicole. I love all the little details.
    I bought a few of these a couple of years ago...thanks for the reminder that I need to so something with them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolutely great project! Forgive the pun, but this skeleton is full of life! You really added so much personality to a bunch of bones and I am so impressed at all the elements you combined so beautifully (and nice job finding so many fun frugal things-- like skeleton heads on a bracelet)! Lastly, kudos for turning a "whoops" into a genius moment (making the broken arm hold up the pumpkin). Really amazing piece and I feel totally inspired! Thank you for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts