Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Summer Wreath

I made a Summer Wreath for my front door.  All supplies were already in my craft room too.  It's not your normal grape wreath or pool noodle but it's fun just the same.
 
I cut "fit to page" for my Plantin School Book "S".  It's my favourite font.  I traced the S on cardboard then cut.  When you wrap the twine it really firms up the cardboard.  Just use Hot Glue and wrap away! 
 
Be careful, I melted my finger prints off;)
 
I really tried to stay minimal.  I simply cut canvas with Tattered Floral to make the flowers.  On this one I stamped with Paris Memoir, the word stamp.  The butterfly is smeared with some summery Distress Paints and heat dried.
 
 
Cutting grunge board and Word Play die I spelled SUMMER and attached with some screen mesh.  More hot glue to keep it in place. 
 
 
This flower I didn't stamp or ink...or ANYTHING!  Shocking...I know.  This metal embellishment is an Upholstery Nail I got and Home Depot.
 
 
UGH one day I'll get to change my horrible door!  But for now sprucing it up with my version on a summer wreath helps...I hope?
 
 
 I'm not a "wreath" kinda girl.  But this is pretty organic so it appealed to me.  The whole thing took about an hour and a half.  Not bad considering this was all lying around my craft room.  Well, not really.  I am organizing and came across the twine, which got me thinking...
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Love the canvas-it's my kind of "look".Sure hope I don't lose you when Goggle Reader goes away!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts