Skip to main content

Birthday Blueprint Card Set

We celebrated my sons 12th Birthday this week.  I just picked up the Birthday Blueprint stamp set and thought I would use them all!  These are easy cards that are bright and have a couple fun technique's.

 
I started by cutting my 5x5 cards with distress paper.  Then stamp onto watercolour paper with Archival Black.

 
I stamped again right onto the card with Versamark and clear embossed! 

 
 Then sand the edges of the card to expose the great colour:)
 
 
Now that the card is stamped and embossed it's time to watercolour.  I used my Distress Inks with my Blender pens.  Works great!

 
Be sure to pick fun colours.  And add a little Stickles for some extra shine.

 
The embossed image is subtle and a great look.

 
Stamping a whole set of Birthday cards is a great way to build your stash.  Picking bright colours makes them fun.  And embossing makes the cards look layered without all the extra time to layer paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …

A BEVY OF MONSTERS

***WARNING...CUTE ALERT***

The Monsters and Creeps are out and around.  So lock your doors to keep safe and sound.
If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it.  I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make.  From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends.  I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry!  The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. 
All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy

Frankenstein
Candy Corn
Vampire, I love this one!  I didn't distress the white glitter paper.  Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs.
Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE
All my fun cards together
I cut the cards to 5x5.  Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes.  Pick your coloured carstock and rip.  I distressed the torn edges a bit then…