Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

A Unique Graduation Gift

I made this Graduation Shadow Box for my niece whom graduates next week.  I thought it would be a fun way to present her graduation gift from my family!  Can you see it?
 
I started out at my local $1 Store where I found these little pine boxes for $1.25.  I stained it with Walnut stain and sanded the edges for distressing. 
 
 
I don't have a photo tutorial as I found these things evolve depending on your extra die cuts, findings and general stuff us crafter's hoard.
 
If you look you may see what her grad gift is?  Leave me a comment if you know what it is!

 
I cut my mini jalopy in half and placed it in 2 boxes.  A great solution if your cuts don't fit!  The glass bottle has a message for her rolled up inside. 

 
If you keep stuff and scraps like me then you should have no problem filling one of these.

 
I used scrabble pieces to say "Live Life" using the "L" like you would in a game of scrabble.  I found this Coke cap in my stash;)

 
I've had this scrap of this ribbon for about a year and a half.  Finally, it found a home.  I hot glued the "20", attached the metal "1" beside the "3" on the ribbon for her Graduation year of 2013!

 
I always have extra butterflies.  I layered 2 using a dimensional.  Then inked some bright alcohol inks for a bright splash of colour.

 
My favourite box featuring the gentleman from Paris Memoir.  I stamped on grunge paper, layered with Clear Rock Candy and glued a jump ring for a monocle.  When you fill with Glossy Accents it looks like class.
 
 
My niece has a passion for photography so this box was extra fun.
 
 
It's hard not to over fill these;)
 
Especially when you have a lot of goodies.

 
It's a unique way to give a gift and I had a lot of fun making it.  And it's a great way to mark a milestone!  Now she'll have to look extra hard to find her present. 
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. The two Pandora charms =)
    Gorgeous box, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ashley about the charms.
    It is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I was going to guess a camera and that she has to go on a treasure hunt to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!!! It is the charm bracelet hanging off the clip in the lower right corner cube?
    I hope I can find these at my US dollar store! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts