Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

12 Tags of 2013- June Tag x2!

Be warned I have 2 tags for June this month!  I know...you're so lucky:)  Now get scrollin'. 
 
It's no secret I do love to watercolour!  Here, I'll show you how I created June tag "without" the markers.  I don't think anyone has all of Tim's stuff but Tim!  So we all have to fake it and get there just the same.
 
 
 
I started with the Dragonfly stamp.  I'm really happy I have this one since I've used it a lot!  Yesterday the Birthday Blueprint stamps arrived at my LSS.  My sons birthday is next week so he needs a Birthday Tag!
 
 
I don't find Archival Black bleeds when I bring out the blender pens.
 
In the absences of the markers I use my inks. 
I have a firm blender pen and a brush one.  I used the firm to load the ink and the brush to blend the inks.  I found this worked fantastic.
 
I don't have the colour Tim used so I used what I have for a brown.  I also roughed up the edges. 
To flick the ink I used some Tumbled Glass stain, dipped and flicked.
You can barely tell!
 
No white marker either.  Instead I used my favourite stuff, Clear Rock Candy and loved it!
 
If you don't have a combination of stain, ink and paint I would just use the inks.
 
Ohhhh lookin good!
 
I used this stamp from Paris Memoir and WOW what a great background stamp.

I noticed Mr. Holtz didn't use a ribbon for this tag!  So, I went rogue and made one!  I don't always follow the instruction manual;p
Adding a few more hardware goodies and inked them up.
My little trick to ink and hold those wee brads.  Especially when you have nails.
 
My 2 June Tags for 2013! 
I used the game spinner as a body. 

I added a Word Band along the bottom and inked that with Distress Paint.
 
Inking the hardware keeps it subtle.
 
My son is turning 12 next week and I really wanted to play with my new Birthday Blueprint stamp!
 
When giving a tag away, I layer a fresh tag to the back, glue and stamp.  This way it's ready for me to write.
 
The star of this tag is using those markers!  But when you don't have them, using inks works great.  In the end I got there:)
 
Look at me!  So far I've done each tag for 2013.  I'm not going to lie, July and August will be hard.  I'm gone a lot!
 
Thanks for coming to see and as always I love you came by!
 

Comments

  1. Love Love the ideas you come up with for your tags.. well done.. I am sure you find some time to fit in July and August.. Looking forward to seeing them.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are very beautiful! I love the dragonfly so much here))
    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're lovely. Thank you for sharing Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tags, and love the brad painting tip - very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts