Skip to main content

12 Tags of 2013- April Tag

 APRIL- TAG TIME
I did it. I got April's Tag done!  I admit it, I bought the stamp set...BUT ON SALE!  I have a lot of the dies now and found I was severely lacking in the stamps.  Meaning I had NONE!  So, I have been slowly building my collection.  I have been eyeing this one for some time and was excited to see it being used for April's Tag and to get it.
 
 
 
Lets start with "I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW PAINTS"  I did pick up a few so what I don't have I used my other goodies to make up for.
 
 
 So don't panic...like I did.  Use what you have and you'll get there!
 
 
There's some paints, distress ink and stain.  Everything but the kitchen sink;)
 
 
 I added my Inks which really makes it POP!  It just makes it all rich.
 
 
I really had fun with all the inks and stains.  The water misting at the end really pulls it together. 
 
 
I keep all my metal bits in my Grandmother's old tin.  There's something about pushing all the bits around until you find what you want fun.
 
 
I do have a little Washi, but I decided to use the Voyage stamp from the same stamps set,  SA CLASSICS SCF001.  I like all the stamps on this set.
 
 
I must admit not a huge fan of inking all the metal pieces.  Although I'm excited to have learned a new technique it just didn't tickle my fancy.
 
 
I don't have the same clear stuff Tim used to stamp his dragonfly.  I used some Acetate.  The wings curl a bit but I'm OK with that.
 
 
I used the #5 from my Word Play die I had laying around.  The grunge board took the paints great!
 
 
A few minor changes here and there:)
 
 
I really love all the new paints and will be gradually adding my to my collection.  If you have some of the stuff go for it.  My LSS just got the paints in last week.  I was going to use my Acrylic paints had they not arrived.  Dig through your stash and you'll get there too;)
 
I'll be using this technique again for sure.  Huge fan and it's fun to get inky;)
 
 

Comments

  1. Oh I like. Thanks for sharing. At least I don't have to bug you on this one..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Nicole-- Beautiful Beautiful tag.

    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is amazing just love your "version" very very much - fab!
    XOxO SanDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag! Thanks for sharing! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used! i litterally cannot stop staring at it! its so "eye-pleasing" great job it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag turned out awesome Nicole :)
    I love the colours you used and how well they blended.
    I finally got around to doing mine...yesterday..talk about being a procrastinator, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

Snow Scene Cloche

Sometimes it starts with an idea... like silver rich brush bottle trees.  OH YA IT DOES...
Do you remember the ghostly cloche... well I am repurposing the cloche for Christmas.  Why buy more when I can use it again by simply creating a removable base.

There's the empty cloche and a new cut out base.  Gather a bunch of trees and ink up some glittery paper for die cutting.

More inking and die cutting the Snowman Scene snowman then assemble this adorable snow stopping snowman.  I had some left over gold deers from last year so I snapped them up for a little added gold.

Here's the inspiration... this brushed pewter brush bottle trees.  Once dry brush some distress collage medium coating the trees and coat in distress glitter.

They look like flocked Canadian trees.  Too add more gold I inked up an adornment star with alcohol ink topped to the tree.

Mini Holiday Green cut and the little berry's in more gold.  I rolled up woodgrain paper to look like wee logs.  Then wrapped the b…

New Release- Stamp and Photo Storage

All month the Inspiration Team for Eileen Hull is thrilled to be showing off the her newest Book Club Collection.  Here's my little glimpse at the Stamp and Photo Storagedie.  There is nothing this decent size die can't do... or hold!  In this case Letter's to Santa.  I even combined the Trinket Box & Frame to frame out Santa.


I stamped the Woodland Winter Santa designed by yours truly onto watercolor paper and used my Scribble sticks to add a little color.
I cut a piece of clear packaging and ran it through my little Xyron Disposable Sticker Makerto create a cover for my Santa.  Perfection!

I colored up the Floral Arch and Words arch to attach to the bottom and top and attached.  I used some Distress Woodgrain Cardstock to wrap my Stamp and Photo Storage. I cut Super StockCardstock to fit inside.  Inking and stamping like crazy all tied off with some postal twine.  The Correspondence Stamp Set is perfect.


I mounted the Trinket Box & Frame to the Stamp and Storage…