Skip to main content

Lunch Bag Mini Album

 
I made a paper bag mini for my in laws for Christmas. The paper bags are lunch bags. I loaded them up will all sorts of goodies. Take your time looking. 
 
This is my first time making Mini Albums.  I found the process building the paper bag into the album frustrating.  So, in the end I winged it. 
 
For the binding I used grunge paper to wrap.  It's just pliable enough.  I aged it and cut the edge Distressed Doily.   
 
 
Seriously, this poinsettia die is good for anything.  Not just Christmas!  Cut the flower using grunge paper, tissue paper and then age it with ink.  I then coated with Rock Candy Stickles.  The metal button is from my Grandmothers stash I just got.  So cool... 

 
The main paper is all from a Recollections pack...Ummm Union Square?  I used various papers, tags and small paper bags for tucking in goodies. 
 
 
I'm not much of a sticker person.  However, I found them useful when making these albums.  This sticker pack is a Tim Holtz pack I picked up at 70% off last year!  STEAL...
 
 
The Artful Dwellings die (on the left) is perfect for making a scene.  I used Distress Stains, Weather Wood, Broken China and Picket Fence for this page.  A family photo on a #5 embossed tag...oh ya!  The other side is my oldest son tucked into the broken birdcage.

 
Again (on the left) the Tattered Poinsettia cut with that glossy Kraft paper stuff.  The 3 gents are simply stamped on grunge paper and a photo of my husband and I are attached to a tag and tucked into a pocket. Using these pockets gives the "Gift-E" an adventure in exploring their new mini album!

 
More pockets and family photo's.  But a page with stamped tags, stickers and grunge cutouts makes the page fun and full of dimension!  Look at your scrap paper.  I made a banner with mine.

 
Here on the back you cab see the binding I wrapped.  And a final touch with a stamp from Scrappy Moms Stamps!  Just looks more finished!


 
It's been a few weeks since I made these albums.  Just go onto YouTube and type in Brown Paper Bag Mini Album.  You'll find some great tutorials.  The one I watched was hard to follow.
 
This one was for my Mother In Law.  I still have my Father In Laws to show you. 
 
Thanks for looking:)


Comments

  1. Wonderful as always!!!!!!1
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff; can't wait to see the other one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it Nicole, very finished :) I tried one once and got fed up. You have great vision and pull all the elements together just beautifully. Wish I had the talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I received one at Christmas from one of the ladies in our church. She had asked for our favorite recipes and wouldn't say why she wanted them, and when our Christmas party came she gave each one of the ladies one with all the recipes we gave her in it. It was the first time I had ever seen one, I loved it right away, and now I just have to make one, so I googled it too, found a few different ways to do them, and can't wait to make one. Just got to get a little time. Yours is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Nicole, hoping to get the poinsettia die! It is so cool! I love mini-albums,but I have only ever made one! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Nicole, need to get that poinsettia die! Mini-albums are so neat, but I have only ever made one! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Grinch

I am so excited to share this Tutorial with you!  This is a tutorial on how to "draw" an image to scale!  How to take a small image and make it life size using a grid pattern.  I'm sure if you are on Pinterest like I am you've seen The Grinch stealing Christmas lights.  I looked for a tutorial on how to make my own but I couldn't find one.  Not to say someone hasn't created a tutorial.  So, I decided to create my own.  With the help of my husband who created the Grid pattern for me to make these characters come to life.  Much like he did for my daughter's Union Jack Headboard.  Keep in mind, this is NOT A COPY of The Grinch.  Before you consider purchasing the class...you will have to DRAW him yourself.  In this class you'll be shown how to grid a print out and grid your plywood so you can "DRAW BY NUMBER" if you will.  Even if you can't draw... you can draw the lines in each grid connecting them to the next grid.  I can draw but not s…

Snow Scene Cloche

Sometimes it starts with an idea... like silver rich brush bottle trees.  OH YA IT DOES...
Do you remember the ghostly cloche... well I am repurposing the cloche for Christmas.  Why buy more when I can use it again by simply creating a removable base.

There's the empty cloche and a new cut out base.  Gather a bunch of trees and ink up some glittery paper for die cutting.

More inking and die cutting the Snowman Scene snowman then assemble this adorable snow stopping snowman.  I had some left over gold deers from last year so I snapped them up for a little added gold.

Here's the inspiration... this brushed pewter brush bottle trees.  Once dry brush some distress collage medium coating the trees and coat in distress glitter.

They look like flocked Canadian trees.  Too add more gold I inked up an adornment star with alcohol ink topped to the tree.

Mini Holiday Green cut and the little berry's in more gold.  I rolled up woodgrain paper to look like wee logs.  Then wrapped the b…

Black and White Christmas

Who says making Christmas cards this season has to take a long time. With these simple techniques you can easily whip up some cards and make it look like you spent a long time on them.  Loving this non traditional look with Black and White.


To create this 5x5 card cut the pattern paper and white Super Stock Cardstockto layer.Ink the pattern paper with Distress Oxide Ink Black soot.Apply an even coat of Glue n' Seal over the Peace die cut and sprinkle with Distress Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy


Ink the edges of the Sizzix Vintage Tidings with Distress Oxide Black Soot.  Add a touch of shimmer to these Sizzix Mini Holiday Greens cuts.  Apply Glue n' Seal with a paint brush to the tips of each greenery and coat with a dusting of Distress Stickles Dry Glitter Clear Rock Candy.  Start to build and layer your cuts and embellishments.


Grouping up the glittery Mini Holiday Greens in black and white topped with a Sizzix Fold Up Bows.The edges of Peace are inked up so it pops from …