Skip to main content

$1 Store Wreath gets a New Life

 Turn a $1 Store Wreath into something pretty. 
 
This Christmas project was FREE for me since I already had everything.  I was decorating for the holidays when I came across this cheezy wreath I had picked up years ago for my BIL and SIL...but that's another story...

I had all these left over flowers from my Christmas Wreath I made last week. So when I found this wreath I thought this would be perfect for a little project and use up my left over flowers.
 

I deconstructed my wreath...ripped it all off!  Save the leafy and berry bits for other projects though.


There it is again, my TH Tattered Poinsettia die.  This wreath is pretty small, maybe 7" or 9" requiring 9 flowers all together. 

 

I simply hot glued them into place.


Not bad, my Christmas Wreath was originally supposed to look like this.  But these things sometimes take on a life of their own.


To make the flowers sparkle, I dry brushed on Rock Candy Stickles.


This gives them a sugary look.

We all hang onto decorations we don't use.  Give it new life and get creative by making it into something new.  If you already have everything it's FREE!
 
Recycling at it's best!
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Uber gorgeous!

    Be blessed,Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kind of crafting and it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bee-utiful altered wreath. Looks so nice with the old stuff off and the TH Tattered Poinsettias.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is so beautiful!! I just made one too by using some of my old decorations and bought my wreath on clearence for less than a dollar. I just love how you could re-use old decorations and make new ones with them. Have a great weekend!

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so great!!! those flowers are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous wreath makeover! Love the Poinsettia's - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Make Over

Please be patient while my team and I (guys pictured below) rebuild my blog.

Due to unforeseen and sudden non communicated policy changes (by a certain online image hosting website) I have had to remove a lot of content I have built for my blog.  At some point my blog had a major system failure causing me to rebuild and start over.  Boo

Please note this change will not be "lipstick on a pig" and all future content will be AWESOME.  In the coming months I will be making adjustments to provide some of the best crafty eye candy out there.  YAY!


Thank you for your continued support, love and all around awesomeness!
And thanks a lot...

EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}