Skip to main content

October's 12 Tags of 2012

Just squeaking this one in!
 
I haven't tackled a tag since the Spring!  Or have you noticed?  I couldn't pass up October's Tag.  I think you all might stage a mutiny if I didn't!  OK, so here is my version.  I mixed it up a bit because I wanted to try some other stuff.  I can be a rebel like that;)
 
Notice the "31"...ya you do!  But first things first...
 

I couldn't find the dry glitter, rock candy stuff Tim used but I did find this dry glitter stuff in the $1.50 bin at Michaels.  It's Studio G, Tinsel Glitter.  Works for me;) 


My tag is super duper cool.  I've been rusting everything in sight and I thought I would see if a tag rusts too.  Yes it does.  Then I ran it through my embossing folder...ummm it's a TH one and that's all I know.


My $1 Store has some AWESOME ribbon that shrivels when heated.  I have this rusty orange one I picked up.  The TH Tinsel was all out so I used some gold pipe cleaner, then ran my black paint dauber over it.  You can't tell...right?

OK lovin my "31", cut from Gothic Boo on grunge, then again with that Oven protector sheet.  I do have the stamp and ticket die that Tim used.  But I wasn't loving it and opted for this instead. 


My Tag:)  It's not as bright as Tim's but that's real rust so I'm OK with it!


Want to see some of the other stuff I've been rusting...



My Gears in my Media Room, I rusted the 3 small ones.


Well the EEK isn't rusty, but the Crown Royal Bottle beside it is:)


Oven Protector's for crafting.



Thanks again for popping it and checking out my October Tag:) 
 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Love it and just in time.. I have had so much fun doing the tags each month.. so glad you joined us this time.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool!! The other rusty stuff is pretty awesome too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been having fun rusting things, haven't you? I love all your tags, and I also love rust color, so I'm loving it all. TFS. I might have to rust some paper myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nicole you have been busy.
    Loving your rusting, that is awesome.
    Great tag. I meant to follow and do all of his tags this year, guess how many I have done....none.
    I had an idea for each one, but nadda.

    Great projects, I am going to have to take a closer look at them :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Altered Halloween Advent Calendar w/ Video

WOW, I think this is my biggest Halloween project yet.  It took me 5 days to complete and I could have kept adding!!!  As you know I adore Halloween and yes I have begun bringing out my Halloween goodies.  Lots of photos in this post and there is so much to see.  So lets get into the project and get you inspired for Halloween!
I was asked by Scrapbooker's Paradise (where I teach) to make one of these Kaiser Craft Shadow Boxes...with a Halloween Theme!!!  Arm twisted and mission accepted.  I am going all Tim on this one! I started by spraying all the pieces with a Hammered Finish in a gun metal grey. The set even comes with numbers;) I used My Minds Eye Happy Haunting paper to create each box with a great pattern paper background.  Then using all my Tim Holtz goodies and $1 Store finds I went to town decorating.  I used various numbers from the rub ons, metal numbers, wooden and those that came with the Shadow Box.   Be sure to dry fit before gluing!  It took me 4 hours to die cut…

Apothecary Curiosities Coffin

Creepy coffin, I love this one!  I saw these little wooden coffins at the $1 Store and had to get one.  I ended up making this for a class and everyone loved making them.  Halloween is the best!  All the creepy stuff I get away with creating! I picked up these great skeletons at Michaels on a string of garland...6 per rope.  With a little force he fits! I made a template of the coffin and cut Tim Holtz Laboratorie paper to fir in the back. I accidentally broke my skeleton's arm.  Oops!  So, I glued his arm holding the glitter pumpkin.  SAVE! I picked up these skulls on a bracelet for $1.  Layering the Curiosities Coffin is key!  You want to look at the layers, like mesh, pen nib and a spider! I added the "shelves" using popsicle sticks cut to size.  This way it has a cabinet feel. The Apothecary Remnant Rubs are so perfect of the glass bottles full of eyes! Adding a little Spanish Moss makes it all creepy. I LOVE HIM! After the sprayed coffins were dry I sanded them to …

A BEVY OF MONSTERS

***WARNING...CUTE ALERT***

The Monsters and Creeps are out and around.  So lock your doors to keep safe and sound.
If you are looking for a great Halloween card that is UNDER 10 MINUTES to build this is it.  I made a variety of these to give you different ideas of creeps you can make.  From start to finish these Halloween cards are a breeze and would be perfect for a class, office and for some friends.  I made these in between making projects...mostly waiting for things to dry!  The googlie eyes are different sizes make them so cute. 
All the cards are stamped with Scrappy Moms Stamps Halloween set Bewitched! Mummy

Frankenstein
Candy Corn
Vampire, I love this one!  I didn't distress the white glitter paper.  Then added this red glitter glue to the fangs.
Ghost, I posted this the other day HERE
All my fun cards together
I cut the cards to 5x5.  Then I cut a 4 3/3x 4 3/4 black for the black behind the googlie eyes.  Pick your coloured carstock and rip.  I distressed the torn edges a bit then…