Skip to main content

Summer Tag- Corkboard Tags


Altered Corkboard Summer Tag
SUMMER IS COMING...and this is Tag #2 in my Four Seasons Tags.  The Summer Tag was my first of the 4 tags I made.  It's packed with seashells, sand, weathered wood and balloons.  I kept the theme going with the Rickety House Die and fence. This time making it look more like a planked house, stained with weathered wood and picket fence.

I made these wee balloons using Honeybomb paper found at my LSS, The Scrap Yard.  I went in for inspiration because finding "pumpkins" at this time of year isn't easy.  You'll have to check back tomorrow to see pumpkins.  Well, I found it there with the help of the owner, Lori whom also happens to be Ranger Certified!  The things I'm learning.  She got me on this Honeycomb paper and I think I'm hooked! 

  I added some tea stained cheesecloth as netting, layered some alcohol inked seashells and golden stars.  With the addition of this retro coke bottle cap, it has a summery feel.  Hmmm...I could have used a Corona cap too...

Another bottle cap, with a 1" punched out sand paper circle and layered with this inked sand dollar charm.

A little added sand paper along the bottom, crackled picket fence paint and all these breezy embellishments makes me think I can smell the ocean!

With Tag #2 down we are geared up for tag #3 Fall/ Halloween Tag tomorrow!  My favorite Tag!


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Nicole, you are so talented. It looks great.
    Minta

    ReplyDelete
  2. another awesome tag Nicole! You are so talented!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous summer tag Nicole, I just got some of the honeycomb. Guess I am going to have to get it out and use it, you so inspire. Hugs Pammejo
    http://pammejo-scrapbookflair.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this one is my favorite...i love how the caps just fit so nice in this design..and your charms are perfect...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tags are so creative! Thank you for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  
Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!

I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers,Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.

The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!
Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.

I also got the new Flourish Texture Fadeand it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.

This Watering Can is so adora…