Skip to main content

Featured Post

Scrap your Summer

Join me on the Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog for a Scrapbook Layout...?  Oh yeah... I went all scrappy for this post.  I am sharing my NEW about to release TINBIT TRAVELS Collection with Wild Whisper!    Swing by the    Creative Scrapbooker Magazine Blog  for a full tutorial!   PIN IT   EAT. SLEEP. CRAFT. {repeat}

Altered Clipboard- Corkboard



Wrapping up my week of a detailed look at the elments that made up my Altered Corkboard.  For my Altered Clipboard that holds my seasonal Fall/ Halloween tag I used papers and layers of the season. 

I used Modge Podge on my $1 clipboard and trimmed the patter paper to fit.  How did I ever craft without modge podge?

To ensure a good seal I used my brayer. 

Ohhhhh love this die and I loved using it.  I cut grundge board and orange glitter paper and clued.  Usually I would grab back or grey but orange is fun!

I cut weathered clock, painted it black and coated the clock in rock candy.  Isn't the 31 pattern resist paper FUN!

It's my husbands mission to help by providing beer bottle caps.  He loves beer from all over the world so I can collect some pretty unique caps.  I picked up this charm from a charm braclet, another $1 store find.  Add a little alcohol ink and it becomes a custom fit.

To further distress my weathered clock I sanded down the the edges.

Candlelight Fright is shrunk down to this charm size candelabra measuring about an 1 1/4".  I used some alcohol inks, caramel and butterscotch to give it a yummy warm glow.  I played with my melting pot, shrink paper and Tim Holtz dies to create this charming treat.

Using the ticket die and TH stamps, HAPPY HALLOWEEN, inked and a thick layer of rock candy.  A perfect accent tucked beside the candelabra charm.  A mini vintage clip is the prefect size and fits the ticket.

I mounted a peice of wooden ruler along the bottom of the board and layered the BOO, a stamped cork peice, the candelabra and ticket. I left the strands of hot glue to give it a webbed feel.

The final thouch is clipping my tag on. 

Just incase you missed it.  My cork board all pulled together including this clipboard.

Thanks for stopping by and if you stopped by all week I hope you'll try this too!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Love this clipboard ! The final result is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!
    Miranda :)
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your detail on this project.
    You use so many different mediums and elements, so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nicole, I love this project! Can you tell me what you did to change the clip on the clipboard to a distressed look instead of shiny chrome?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular Posts