Skip to main content

Mini Album Week 2

 It's week 2 Mini Album

 ...and I didn't get as far as I would have liked on my Mini Album.  I had some other crafty commitments to get done.  But those are out of the way and I can get decorating.  That's the fun part!

I did get to cut all my designer paper.  This took some time especially since I had 52 cuts...well 54 including the cover and back.


As you are cutting be sure to trim all your extra pieces.  Here I have a file folder to keep them all together for this project.  These will come in handy when you get to layering your pages.

I used an old coffee tin for the scraps.  It gives you an idea of how little waste there was once I trimmed and saved the big pieces!

I taped the top and bottom of each piece.  One, this saves on tape (I went through a full roll) and two it allows me to tug tabs or ribbon through the openings if I want.  I can always add glue if I want to seal the paper to the file folder page.

Keep your pages organized!

If there is a piece of DP that has something you want to show off be sure to use it fully on your page.  This is my front cover..."52 Things I "LOVE" About You"

Here are all my pages together. 

OK now I knew this could be an issue. Yep, too many pages! So I am going to cut them in half to 26 pages. It's still going to be big! But, now I have extra pages for another mini album or 2.

Stuff to embellish...

buttons
felt
tags
envelopes
metal
clips
twine
ribbon
photo's
tickets
assorted punches
tabs

These are just a few ideas I will be using to embellish:)

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Feels like so long that I've been MIA...feels great to leave some love again! I just love your fab ideas girly! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

My heartfelt thanks for stopping by.

Popular posts from this blog

Canada 150

IT'S CANADA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY!!!!  
A bunch of us Crafty Canadian's along with Scrap n' Stamp got together to celebrate our countries 150th Birthday!  You should be arriving from Amy's blog.  If you're just arriving you'll want to start at the beginning HERE.
"We are blog hopping today in celebration of Canada’s 150th Birthday, sharing projects featuring the cute new ‘Busy Beaver’ stamp & die set by Taylored Expressions! Be sure to leave comments along the way because Scrap N’ Stamp Canada has some prizes to give away randomly- $150 in gift certificates (3 lucky people will get $50 gc’s) and a Busy Beaver set with a bonus maple leaf tag die! Winners will be randomly chosen and announced on the Scrap n' Stamp Blog on Monday!"
Check out my Birthday Card celebrating Canada Day but also it's my husband's birthday today too!  The Busy Beaver stamp and die set is featured and the star of this card.  



I coloured the Busy Beaver with Oxi…

Liberty

HEY USA... IT'S ALMOST YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!!

Celebrating the 4th of July with this patriotic card.  Since I have all these adorable paper dolls I dug through and found this pretty little girl holding the flag and wearing a pretty little sash.  My Mom's husband is American and this is his first July 4th since moving to Canada.  I wanted to whip up a card celebrating his homeland.

I finally get to use some of my seasonal paper with all these patriotic images.

My paper doll is coloured up with distress markers.

I added the dog... even he is inky with antique linen.

I inked the background and used the stars stencil... subtle and pretty.

Happy {almost} July of 4th

I hope all my American Friends a very special Happy Birthday.  Thanks for stopping by for this Canadian version on a Patriotic card. 

Wildflowers

I may live in a snow globe but I can dream of Wildflowers!  
Just dusting off the cobwebs on my blog.  I try to take a creative break or slowdown during Jan/ Feb.  However, I have been creating still!  So, I did just get Sizzix shipment with some new goodies including the new Wildflowers 2!

I have all the floral dies but the wildflowers are my thing!  I love them.  I started cutting the Wildflowers,Wildflowers 2 and the new Small Tattered Florals.  All the flowers are inked with Magenta Nuance Pigment Powders.

The Small Tattered Florals are so teeny!  I just found a set of Stylus Tools... it came in a 3 pack and I wasn't sure if I need 3 but YA I do!  Spray and roll!
Look how the smallest floral rolls with the smallest stylus tool.  SCORE!  Embossing time.

I also got the new Flourish Texture Fadeand it is awesome. For inking I used Eileen Hull Colorbox Color Blends.  Creating strips of color with the built in sponge and blending with my blending pen.

This Watering Can is so adora…